What information do we collect about you?
We collect the following information about you when you make an enquiry about Animal Rescue Cymru or the animals in our care:
– When you make an enquiry
If you make an enquiry about our Rescue or other animals, we collect your name, email address and phone number. We use the information to respond to your enquiry. The lawful basis for processing your information is by contract or your consent, depending on the nature of your enquiry. We do not share the information with anyone else.
– When you apply to adopt an animal
If you choose to apply to adopt one of our animals, we will collect your name, address, phone number and email address. We use the information to carry out a pre-adoption home check, to contact you in order to arrange the adoption and to draw up the adoption contract. The lawful basis for processing the above information is by contract.
We do not collect sensitive personal information such as race, religion, political affiliations or bank/credit card details. We do not share your information with anyone else for marketing purposes.
We will disclose your personal information only if required to do so by law or if we believe it is necessary to protect the safety or rights of our users, the public or our animals.
We may occasionally email you regarding our services and any events that we may have organised, if you have consented to allow us to do so. You may opt out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Unsubscribe me’.
Your rights relating to your personal information
- The right to be told how your personal information is used
- The right to ask us to correct inaccurate information we hold about you
- The right to ask us to delete, stop processing or collecting your data
- The right to unsubscribe from our email newsletters and withdraw consent from any consent-based processing at any time
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
- The right to access the information we hold about you by submitting a Subject Access Request to us by email to email@example.com or by post to Animal Rescue Cymru, 25, Greenhall Park, Johnston, Haverfordwest, Pembs SA62 3PT.
How do we secure your information?
We secure your personally identifiable information on a computer protected from unauthorised access.